The opioid crisis has escalated dramatically in the past decade across the country, and chances are some of those affected are also your employees. At the same time, the marijuana legalization movement has grown, and a number of states now not only permit medical marijuana but also recreational marijuana.
With the potential for more employees to be under the influence of both legal and illegal drugs, what can employers do to maintain a safe workplace? What restrictions are there for testing employees for drug use? This webinar will explore this issue and cover the following topics:
- The rise of the opioid epidemic and its effect on the American workplace
- The legation of recreational marijuana in several states
- Restrictions for conducting drug tests for employees
- Whether there are any OSHA implications regarding drug testing
- The role of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Best practices for conducting drug tests and managing the results
Learn best practices for overseeing construction project personnel to protect your brand against accidents & criminal liability.
Travis Vance, Partner
Travis Vance is a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. He has tried matters across several industries and various subject matters, including employment litigation, business disputes and matters prosecuted by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Travis has emerged as a thought leader in the field of workplace safety. His writing and interviews are followed closely by experts in the safety arena and have been featured in premiere publications such as Business Insurance, EHS Today, and the Wall Street Journal.