One fifth of adults will report having a mental illness in any given year. Almost three quarters of adults each report systems of stress, including headaches, feeling overwhelmed, burnout or anxiety. Employees’ mental health issues impact businesses in several ways, including affecting the employees’ job performance and communication with coworkers, among other things. These issues all impact employee safety, among various other issues. This webinar will discuss common mental health issues affecting employees and how employers can respond to them. Topics included are:
- Mental health challenges faced by employers;
- The impact of the opioid crisis on employees’ mental health;
- How these issues impact employee safety;
- Laws governing how employers can respond to mental health issues of employees; and
- Steps employers can take to manage mental health issues for employees.