It was an incredible honor to host our first Avetta User Conference this month, an event that we proudly named FUSE (Featured User Sustainability Experience). The tall fellow you see on stage is me, Brett Spencer, and I serve as the Director of Account Management for Avetta.
In a span of two intense-and-action-packed-but-informative days, our agenda included a business update from our CEO and an exclusive preview to our brand reveal as Avetta. We also held client panel discussions, industry-specific breakout sessions, product demonstrations, and an awards ceremony honoring our top clients in categories such as Customer Co-Innovation, Service Leadership, and Operational Excellence.
Avetta Clients Come First
There’s no doubt, Avetta wouldn’t be possible today without our clients who have helped pave the way for our business and our vision to build better products. In large part, we’re successful because of the learning lessons our clients and users have provided us, and their feedback has proven to be invaluable. I spend a great deal of time on the road and, during our recent world tour visiting our clients, I learned we’re both simply seeking the same goals. We both want to ensure businesses, large and small, continue to work with qualified suppliers and contractors. When I talk about “qualified” I mean much more than the question of “Are they capable of doing the job?” Qualified means the supplier company I’m looking to partner with has maintained their updated certifications, they’ve met special requirements for my work order, they’ve provided a history of the past 5 years of incident rates, among other questions. When clients perform the due diligence to know exactly whom they’re inviting on-site, the task for them becomes less burdensome and much more beneficial.
With our clients all in one room at FUSE, it was my every intention to take advantage of this learning opportunity. Our clients certainly don’t hold back when it comes to questions, comments, and concerns; I would expect nothing less from them. At FUSE, they came to learn about Avetta and, more importantly, about each other. Without their dialogue and engagement, our event would not have achieved its ultimate goal of building connections. It’s a bit hard to pin down, but my personal highlights from the event include:
- Avetta Brand Reveal: The transformation from PICS Auditing to Avetta has been an exciting process and a year-long ride. I’m proud to say I’m with Avetta, a name and global brand that showcases the core of what we do—we “vet” businesses for our clients.
- Product Roadmap Strategy: I’m most excited about our new and upcoming features—from QuickVett and Performance Reviews to our newest product, EmployeeGUARD. For more information, please contact us here.
- Panel Discussion: To Force or Not Force Flags: Our panel represented clients from Motiva, Range Resources, Ecolab / Nalco, and John Deere. We’re often asked about best practices on whether clients should force or not force flags for the suppliers in their database. If you’re an existing client and have similar questions, please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Moments of Impact - Special Guest Speaker, Tom Wilson: We were honored to hear from Tom Wilson, who shared his experience of being the sole survivor of a plane crash that killed seven others. Tom shared with us the many decisions that were made up until the time of the accident and he challenged us to understand the difference between bravery and courage.
- Networking Pavilion Happy Hour: We wrapped up each day with workstations to discuss topics such as Services & Implementation, Performance Reviews, Reporting, and our Contractor Upgrade Program. This opportunity gave us time to connect with clients and offer our support over happy hour.
You can catch more highlights of the event in our video below:
Save the date for FUSE 2017! Next year’s event will take place April 25-26 at the Hilton Waterfront Resort in Huntington Beach, California.
For more information about upcoming events, please visit our events center.
Avetta Award Winner Highlights
The Avetta Award Ceremony honored outstanding clients in a number of various categories. We thank them for their dedication and continued partnership. Special congratulations to all of our Avetta award recipients:
- Lifetime of Loyalty - Shell Oil (Motiva Enterprise)
- Customer Co-Innovation - CEMEX
- Service Leadership - JLL
- Implementation Champion - Verizon
- Operational Excellence - John Deere
- Collaboration Advocate - Sharyland Utilities
- Global Partner - ERM
- Pinnacle of Safety - American Water
- Pinnacle of Safety - Sinclair
- Pinnacle of Safety - Aggregate Industries UK Ltd.
- Pinnacle of Safety - BP | Cherry Point & Wind Energy
- Pinnacle of Safety - AES Southland