This is an important notice regarding your privacy and the way in which Avetta Limited (referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “Avetta” in this policy) collects and makes use of your personal data. We want to be open and transparent with you, and therefore encourage you to contact us if you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal data.
This policy applies to our applicants, business contacts, contractors, contractor’s employees, supplier’s employees and third parties generally. We take our privacy responsibilities seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of applicable privacy legislation, the data controller is Avetta Limited of Siena Court, The Broadway, Maidenhead, England SL6 1NJ. Our registered company number is 07660778.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to our Data Protection Compliance Manager who can be contacted at email@example.com. The Data Protection Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant data protection legislation and with this policy. Any questions about the operation of this policy or any concerns that the policy has not been followed should be referred in the first instance to the Data Protection Compliance Manager.
1. What information do we hold about you?
- Personal details such as your name, title, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Recruitment information (including personal information such as copies of your right to work documents, your CV or cover letter which is sent to us as part of the application process).
- Information provided to us by recruitment agencies or contractors in relation to your application for employment with us.
- Contact details such as your name, title, business telephone number and business e-mail address.
- Information that you provide or we collect during our interactions with you or your employer, such as how long we have done business with you or how long you have worked at your company.
- Other personal information you provide to us via our website, for example, by using the “contact us” forms.
- Your contract details including if you or your employee provides them such as your title, telephone number and email address.
- Any other personal information uploaded to our systems by you or your employer for example:
- Photo and licence card identification.
- Copies of your certifications and qualifications.
- Signatures if included with your documentation.
- Copies of your internal training records (including inductions).
- Bank details of individual sole traders if you provide them.
- Photos of you uploaded to our systems.
- Right to work documentation.
- Information gathered when you visit our office.
- Any personal information you provide to us during your interactions with us.
- Information provided to us by third party service providers we work with, for example, analytics providers.
3. What happens if there is a change of purpose?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. Which type of third parties might we share your personal information with?
We require third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. For example, where we instruct third party service providers, we carry out due diligence on those providers to ensure they treat your personal information as seriously as we do.
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties:
- Our clients where your information is stored in our product system suite.
- Technical support providers, for example, assisting with our website.
- Security companies testing, monitoring and maintaining IT security systems.
- Recruitment agencies assisting us with filling our vacancies.
- Professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants and business analysts.
- Providers which help us collate and organise information effectively and securely.
- Providers which assist us with marketing.
- Third party software hosting companies which provide us with software solutions.
- Providers which host our servers in their data centres.
6. Where we store your personal data
In most situations electronic versions of your personal information are stored on our servers in the UK and Germany. On occasion we may also store personal data on servers in USA. Where we do store personal data outside of the EU we ensure the transfer of that data is done so on a lawful basis for example, by putting in place standard contractual clauses.
Where we use third party service providers to assist us, your personal information may also be stored in accordance with their practices and procedures. We require third parties to respect your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7. Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
8. No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
9. What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access any personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to another person who has no right to receive it.
10. Right to withdraw consent
Where we are providing you with marketing information, you can also change your marketing preferences by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our marketing e-mails sent to you.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so.
11. What happens if you fail to provide personal information?
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with our products or services), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of visitors to our premises).
13. Changes to this privacy notice
We may change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately.